Friday, May 25, 2007

New Movie Day: 5/25/07

(Opened 5/24)

This weekend's big release is, of course, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, the trilogy's final installment (well, currently). Critics are railing on it just as harshly as they railed on last summer's Dead Man's Chest, and since I thought that one squashed the first like a Kraken tentacle, I can't wait. Hopefully it won't be disapponting like this month's other threequels, Spider-Man 3 and Shrek the Third. Plus, it bests Spider-Man 3's all-time theater count: 4,362. I'm leaving in less than ten minutes to grab my friends, and then we're heading to the theater. And, yes, we already have tickets.



Being hailed as William Friedkin's return to the terrifying horror of his classic The Exorcist, Bug looks and sounds freaky as hell. I'm game.

In limited release:

(Only in LA/NY)
(Only in NY)
I absolutely love that poster and especially that tagline. Fucking genius.

(Only in LA/NY)
Just so you know, if you're planning on seeing this one, the English title is Golden Door. Couldn't find a pic of the American poster.

No comments: